FLM425 Post-production II
Course DescriptionApplication of editorial principles used in editing fiction media content. Includes montage, continuity, parallel editing, rhythm and pacing, digital media management, transcoding, and export to a variety of distribution platforms. Students edit a Production II Practicum short.
- Interpret the communication objectives of a short fiction media program using oral and written responses.
- Apply creative processes to the editing of fiction media programs.
- Integrate professional editing techniques in the editing of digital image and sound media assets for fiction media programs using professional digital editing software.
- Integrate collaborative processes into the postproduction phases of digital media creation.
- Select the visual and sound assets appropriate to a producer's objectives for a fiction media program.
- Coordinate the postproduction workflow used in editing professional digital media programs from asset acquisition thorough color correction and final audio mix.