HED414 Violence & Bullying Prevention
Focus on the nature, extent, causes and consequences, and remedies to forms of school violence, bullying, harassment, and cyber-intimidation. Discuss the personal, social, and legal ramifications and requirements for providing a safe, inclusive school environment. Explore preventative strategies and conflict-resolution techniques educators can utilize when issues occur.
- Examine the nature, dynamics, and causes of school violence within the context of "the culture of violence".
- Identify the social and cultural factors and perceptions contributing to all forms of violence, intimidation, harassment, bullying.
- Examine the impact of violence, bullying, harassment, and cyber-intimidation in lives of children, adolescents, families.
- Classify characteristics of healthy and unhealthy relationships and causes of violent behaviors.
- Assess effectiveness of current approaches and strategies in violence and bullying prevention.
- Discuss techniques for conflict resolution.
- Create an effective school violence prevention plan that involves the school, parents, and community.