HCA402 Intro to HA QA Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Suzanne Evans
Introduction to continuous quality improvement in healthcare. Includes evaluation and risk management methods. Introduces outcome measurement and case management fundamentals. Introduces team development, analytical statistics, and process knowledge themes.
- Describe concepts and measures of healthcare quality and patient safety.
- Explain factors leading to a greater emphasis on quality measurement and improvement of care.
- Review tools used in healthcare quality measurement and improvement.
- Identify how healthcare delivery models are evaluated.
- Explain how risk management methods are used to anticipate, prevent and/or solve healthcare issues.
- List quality improvement and evaluation strategies with systems such as Six Sigma.
- Describe diverse perspectives used to address quality and safety issues in healthcare organizations.
- Discuss changes in healthcare delivery to achieve the Institute of Medicine’s goals to improve healthcare quality.