PAD402 Urban Environments
Lead Faculty: Dr Maryam Davodi-Far
Course DescriptionThis course explores the role urban environments play in the nation. Discusses the issues unique to cities and large metropolitan areas and the role of governments and public agencies in addressing the issues. Discusses the ethical issues facing public administrators in dealing with urban and rural environments.
- Describe the physical, economic, social and political roles urban environments play in the nation and economy.
- Explain and analyze the differing issues between cities and rural environments from a public administration perspective.
- Describe the role of the public administrator in policy development and managing in urban environments.
- Describe and analyze the roles of government in urban environments.
- Evaluate the role of community action groups in affecting policy in urban environments.
- Analyze the ethical issues facing public administrators in dealing with the governing of urban environments.