CJA400 Gangs in America
Lead Faculty: Dr. James E. Guffey
Course DescriptionExposes students to the basic trends of criminal behavior as it relates to gangs in America and the causative and contributory factors of gang behavior. It explores the general personality, intellectual and social perspectives of criminal behavior as it relates to gangs.
- Identify the current issues facing the nation with respect to criminal street gangs.
- Discuss the responsibilities of the police and prosecution with respect to gang suppression, intervention, and prevention.
- Discuss the role of the school system, prison system, and prosecuting attorney in addressing the gang problem.
- Describe the current trends in the public and private sector in addressing gang issues.
- Describe the best practices that have been developed in attending to gang issues on a national level.