PAD643 Contract Negotiations
Lead Faculty: Dr. Maryam Davodi-Far
Course DescriptionAn analysis of bargaining and negotiation principles and practices in the public sector. The course focuses on the financial issues of contract negotiations and labor relations. Case studies, simulation exercises, research projects and group discussions complement the presentation of theory and practical experience in developing effective negotiation skills.
- Describe the stages and analyze the process of contract negotiation.
- Identify the key issues in preparing for bargaining.
- Develop strategies and techniques for effective contract negotiating.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of various negotiating strategies and techniques.
- Evaluate the implementation of contracts in forming good working relationships with all involved parties.