Lead Faculty: Dr. Bryan Hance
Course DescriptionA capstone course that requires students to participate in a mock trial. Students write trial briefs, create pre-trial discovery strategies, give oral arguments and examine witnesses in a simulated civil case.
- Analyze cases and the reasoning for court-based decisions.
- Articulate positions on legal issues both verbally and in writing.
- Identify the ethical concerns presented by trial advocacy.
- Analyze the sensitivity to diverse cultures needed by successful advocates.
- Perform computer-assisted research on issues presented in business litigation.