LAW402 The Art of Negotiation
Lead Faculty: Bryan Hance J.D., LL.M
A workshop course for pre-legal and pre-professional students to develop the verbal and analytical skills needed to be effective negotiators in the practice of law and business. Examines general negotiating principles and uses practical student exercises.
- Identify major principles of successful negotiation.
- Apply principles of negotiations to actual cases.
- Evaluate the outcome of negotiations.
- Communicate the outcome of negotiations both orally and in writing.
- Analyze the ethical issues arising from negotiation.
- Explain the need for sensitivity to cultural differences in order for negotiations to be successful.