HSE444 Disaster Management
This course discusses the management areas of policy, planning, coordination, response, response management, and recovery during emergencies and/or disasters; focusing on defining and analyzing the role of managers in critical situations of an unusual or severe nature resulting in injury, loss of life and/or severe property damage.
- Explain the term emergency management and describe how it functions at the local, state, and national levels.
- Ensure that the legal basis for performing their emergency management job is in place and that the support systems needed to perform the job are addressed.
- Describe the key characteristics of the professional emergency manager and develop strategies for adopting these characteristics.
- Identify the four phases of emergency management and what is required of the emergency manager in each of these phases.
- Determine the necessary resource requirements and develop the documents to garner and maintain these resources.
- Advocate the importance of training and exercises and how to make these opportunities available to staff.