CJA 655 Advanced Research Methods
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ponzio Oliverio
The course is designed to aid graduate students to improve their writing and research skills and is specific to criminal justice. It includes an overview of the writing mechanics and process, how to properly conduct research, cite sources and guidelines for writing specific types of criminal justice papers.
- Conduct original research on a criminal justice topic of a professional quality
- Formulate quantitative and qualitative research design, measurement and sampling
- Formulate survey and interview methods specific to the criminal justice field
- Evaluate disciplinary, theoretical and philosophical foundations
- Detect a better understanding of data-gathering techniques, research studies, and choice of research method