CJA625 Security Management & Planning
Lead Faculty: Dr Ponzio Oliverio
An overview of the history, structure, importance and specific function of security management and administration. Students are exposed to the objectives of security management, security planning, education and training, organizational leadership, risk analysis, communication, legal liability for security managers, asset protection, emergency planning and development of security programs
- Assess the theoretical foundation for security.
- Formulate and describe the goals of security management.
- Appraise, identify and describe the threats to safety and security.
- Evaluate and assess the control function of security personnel.
- Analyze and identify threats unique to homeland security.
- Evaluate and assess how to confront terrorism and domestic threats.
- Analyze and compare institutional security, disaster recovery and executive protection.