CJA464 Constitutional Law for CJ
Lead Faculty: Dr. James E. Guffey
Course DescriptionA study of the fundamentals of the U.S. Constitution, the rights and protections of the accused; an exploration of the case law and the judicial system, the rights and responsibilities of the police and citizenry
- Synthesize the constitutional and intricate aspects of civil and criminal liabilities.
- Apply these theories to the various fields of criminal justice.
- Evaluate the issues of detention, arrest, interrogations, confessions, and case law.
- Apply current case law to a research project in a related topic.
- Understand how the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights apply to the CJ system.