CJA458 Financial Investigations
Lead Faculty: Dr Chandrika M. Kelso
Investigates the accounting steps required to effectively pursue financial crimes. Topics include the five standards of proof, different classifications of evidence as well as the intricacies involved in how an investigator might develop the evidence necessary for a forfeiture proceeding.
- Describe terms related to banks, brokerage firms, money service businesses and non-traditional financial institutions
- Evaluate the basic types of business organizations and the use of balance sheets and income statements
- Explain what types of information are gathered to complete a financial profile
- Define the elements that must be considered when planning, conducting and recording an interview.
- Analyze the types of information required in an affidavit for a search warrant for financial information.