CJA448 Violence and Society
Lead Faculty: Dr James E. Guffey
Course DescriptionAn exploration of methods, patterns and meanings of individual and collective violence. Focuses on gangs, terrorists and the assaultive individual. Students analyze the causes of violence, attitudes toward violence and methods of controlling violence as well as the impact of gun control.
- Discuss factors associated with violent behavior.
- Describe ways in which violence manifests in society.
- Describe the impact of violence on individuals and society.
- Compare and contrast violence prevention programs.
- Discuss governmental responses to individual and collective violence.