CJA446 CJ Management and Leadership
Lead Faculty: Dr. James E. Guffey
Course DescriptionAn analysis of the organization and management of criminal justice agencies. Discusses principles of supervision and motivation of personnel, management problems and solutions, decision-making and administration of policies and procedures.
- Discuss the basic principles for leading and motivating others.
- Evaluate different organizational management styles.
- Discuss how effective decision making can produce change within an organization.
- Discuss emerging trends in local law enforcement leadership and management.
- Discuss the impact that effective communication has on individual and organizational levels.
- Evaluate different problem solving models used in criminal justice agencies.