CJA356 Criminal Evidence
Lead Faculty: Dr. James E. Guffey
A study of the elements of criminal law as applied to various theories of criminal evidence to enhance understanding of the various issues facing prosecutors, criminal justice practitioners and law enforcement agents. This course will explore the application of evidentiary issues and its relationship to investigations and criminal conduct.
- Describe the basic concepts of criminal evidence.
- Analyze all constitutional issues and the need for protecting the individual from the potential of misapplication of evidence.
- Explain the distinct between criminal evidence and investigatory procedures.
- Describe the role and significance of criminal evidence as it relates to due process, and the rights as supported by the constitution.
- Describe a breakdown of the evidentiary issues in all criminal procedure cases.