The Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media Design consists of courses that prepare the student for a broad range of positions requiring a background in computer transmedia design theory, production, and project management. Students receive hands-on training in leading software applications, while they learn and apply media development theory and practice for online and mobile delivery. Successful completion of the program will enable graduates to compete for employment because they possess a relevant combination of skills and knowledge vital to today's workplace. Positions in the fields of gaming, video, production, motion graphics and design include Art Director, Web Designer, Game Designer, Video Editor, Project Manager and Multimedia Specialist.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop a personal vision in the creation of original multimedia content.
- Apply the principles of graphic and information design in the generation of digital media projects.
- Examine current trends and key technologies in the media industry.
- Demonstrate oral, visual, and written communication skills with clients, project managers, and media production team members.
- Describe and implement the phases of media production, from the initial planning to the final delivery of a professional product.
- Explain the legal and ethical issues related to media production and distribution.
- Create active and interactive content with graphics, animation, sound and video using media authoring software.
- MUL 300 Convergence Media
- BRO 305 Media Storytelling
- MUL 305 Graphic Design and Artistry
- MUL 309 Camera and Image
- MUL 365 Digital Video Editing
- MUL 461 Motion Graphics
- MUL 345 Applied Web Design
- MUL 370 Digital Interactivity
- MUL 315 Video Game Design
- MUL 355 Game Scripting
- MUL 375 3-D Modeling for Game Art
- MUL 462 Digital Audio Creation
- MUL 399 Emerging Technologies
- MUL 445 Digital Project Management
- MUL 430 Advanced Design Project
- MUL 471 Adv Digital Interactivity Proj
- MUL 420 Multimedia Arts Portfolio Proj