The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree program is for baccalaureate-prepared nurses. In keeping with the standards for graduate education for advanced practice nursing delineated by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing in the Essentials of Master’s Education for Advanced Practice Nurses, the purpose of the MSN program is to prepare students to assume leadership roles in their particular specialization. Master’s-level nursing education is the appropriate level of education for nursing professionals who are seeking roles that require advanced practice skills in order to function as providers and organizers of the health care delivery process.
This graduate degree in nursing program is approved by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing education (CCNE).
Program Learning Outcomes
- Implement appropriate theories, models, frameworks, and concepts from nursing and non-nursing disciplines when designing interventions that influence healthcare outcomes for diverse populations in a variety of settings.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, to evaluate fiscally appropriate healthcare delivery systems that integrate research and clinical expertise to provide evidence-based, patient-centered care.
- Evaluate economic, policy, environmental, and social forces that impact nursing practice, health care delivery and quality of health care.
- Participate in the analysis, implementation and evaluation of strategies for improving nursing practice through the implementation of health information systems and technologies.
- Demonstrate a professional commitment to creating an environment of lifelong learning for patients, families, communities, and other healthcare practitioners.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services