This course will examine an integrative approach to spirituality, health, and healing. The characteristics of spirituality, spirituality and the care provider and spiritual rituals will be explored. Next, there will be a discussion of providing spiritual care, spiritual assessment, therapeutic interventions, and healing environments. Lastly, the spiritual dimension in end-of-life care, and spiritual considerations of children and the aging individual will be explored.
- Examine the characteristics of spirituality.
- Discuss spirituality and the spiritual care provider.
- Describe spiritually healing rituals.
- Differentiate between religion and spirituality.
- Compare and contrast spirituality in different cultural groups.
- Examine spiritual assessment and spiritual care.
- Describe therapeutic interventions for healing (music, art, movement, humor, and animal-assisted therapy).
- Describe creating sacred spaces and spiritually healing environments.
- Examine the spiritual dimension in end-of-life care.
- Discuss spirituality and the grieving process.
- Describe elements of spirituality, religion, and children.
- Examine the spiritual dimensions of aging.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services