Prepare to enter the expanding field of nursing. The need for registered nurses is strong and growing, and a bachelor’s or master’s degree in nursing can help you develop the high-quality, patient-centric care to excel in the field. You’ll learn effective communication, how to prioritize care, and the judgment to manage patients across a variety of healthcare settings. Programs focus on achieving desired outcomes and applying current evidence to your practice in order to provide continuous improvement while meeting safety standards. See all Healthcare & Nursing Degrees.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, the master’s degree program in nursing, and the post-graduate APRN certificate programs at National University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
The program is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Department Head: Dr. Susan Drummond
Choose from our Programs below
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) (California)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Second Bachelor Degree (California)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Generic Entry
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – BSN Completion
- Master of Science in Nursing
- RN – Master of Science in Nursing Pathway
- Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice (DNAP)
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- LVN to RN 30 Unit Option Certificate
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certificate
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.