A Master of Science in Health and Life Science Analytics will ground you in sound statistical methods and prepare you for a career in health analytics and the pharmaceutical industry. Through practical experience, you’ll apply those methods to solve everyday health and life science analytics problems drawing on valid public and private data sources. In your on-campus or online life science courses, you’ll gain proficiency in areas like analytical and predictive modeling, data acquisition, data mining, and healthcare information management systems. You’ll also explore epidemiology, health management, clinical research, clinical trials, health outcomes research, and learn to use modern analytical software. Working with a team, you’ll develop the skills to design, coordinate, conduct, and publicize an analytic strategy for structuring a current healthcare issue and solution.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate components of data analytics to produce knowledge-based solutions for real-world challenges using public and private data sources.
- Evaluate data management methods and technologies used to improve integrated use of data.
- Design an analytic strategy to frame a potential issue and solution relevant to the community and stakeholders.
- Analyze the distribution and determinants of disease and health outcomes in human populations.
- Analyze the planning, organization, administration, and policies of healthcare organizations using health analytic methods.
- Integrate data and analytic techniques to establish financial priorities of a healthcare organization in line with the needs and values of the community and stakeholders it serves.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services