Prepare to seek a rewarding career as a professional coach, focusing on performance, motivation, and the psychological benefits of sports and athletics. The Bachelor of Arts in Sport Psychology will give you a comprehensive introduction to the modern and growing field of psychology as it relates to sports and performance. Throughout the program, you’ll explore the reasons and factors that influence people to participate in physical activity and understand how a person’s emotions and mental state can affect athletic performance. Graduates with a sports psychology degree can pursue a career in coaching or continue on to graduate programs at the master’s or doctoral level.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Discuss current trends in psychological research in both individual and team contexts within sport psychology.
- Analyze how psychological factors influence performance in sport, and techniques to increase performance and reduce anxiety.
- Discuss the influences of diversity and multiculturalism on group interactions and performance.
- Apply psychological theory to coaching situations.
- Discuss the legal and ethical issues in sport psychology and performance enhancement.
- Discuss the physiological and motoric principles of performance in sport and physical activity.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences