Learn to lead the way in both smaller companies and large corporations or agencies with a Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership. You’ll gain understanding in leadership theories and frameworks that organizational leadership professionals use to support and develop the skilled workforce that is so important to maintaining a competitive edge today.
The program begins with the premise that leadership is a skill that can be learned through the understanding of basic organizational theories, analysis of scenarios, evaluation of case studies, and dissection of complex problems. By taking this hands-on approach you’ll acquire valuable experiential knowledge and develop the leadership skills needed for team and group settings.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop a personal leadership approach.
- Identify challenges and advantages of diverse groups in organizations within a global environment.
- Analyze negotiating styles of leaders, and compare and contrast the concepts of leadership and power.
- Examine the strategies leaders use to motivate and evaluate members of groups and teams.
- Evaluate the ethical implications of leadership decisions and strategies.
- Explain how the classic studies have informed the understanding and application of leadership and organizational theory.