Gain the advanced knowledge and skills needed to succeed in the field of complementary and integrative health by earning a Master of Science in Complementary and Integrative Healthcare (MSCIH). In the process, you’ll learn to develop a therapeutic relationship with your clients that will encourage the integration of mind, body, and spirit. The program will explore evidence-based practices and incorporate a variety of modalities to achieve optimal health and healing. The program emphasizes prevention, health maintenance, early intervention, and patient-driven care.
The integrative health studies course will help you cultivate skills in communication, leadership, business management, as well as in working within a changing healthcare system. With this master’s degree, you’ll be able to apply your new knowledge and skills in healthcare environments such as hospitals, integrative health facilities, acute care facilities, private clinical practices, nursing homes, hospice, wellness centers, health clubs, and corporate settings.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate the numerous domains and principles of complementary and integrative healthcare practices.
- Develop practices and skills to be a mindful, reflective, and culturally competent integrative healthcare practitioner.
- Design responsible management and leadership practices for integrative healthcare settings.
- Create evidence-based health and healing strategies for implementation and assessment with self and clients.
- Formulate an evidence-based research project related to complementary and integrative healthcare.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.