Prepare for challenging and dynamic careers in the justice system at the local, state, and federal levels with the Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration. The program is designed to meet the educational and professional needs of individuals in law enforcement who are interested in professional development or career advancement, but also prepares individuals for entry- and advanced-level positions, teaching, or training assignments, private security employment, research, or employment as consultants within the field.
Study forensic science, research methods, juvenile justice, corrections, criminology, leadership and management, civil and criminal investigations, court systems, criminal law, and complete a senior project supervised by full-time, associate, and select core adjunct faculty. Select elective courses from psychology, sociology, addictive disorders, behavioral science, legal studies, information technology, and human resource management to provide a broader perspective in human behavior.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply biological, psychological, sociological, and economic explanations for criminal behavior from a variety of disciplines.
- Identify the causes and patterns of juvenile delinquency.
- Distinguish the leadership and management styles commonly employed in the criminal justice system.
- Demonstrate the criminal investigation process to include preliminary investigation, evidence collection and preservation, submission, and testimony in a courtroom.
- Explain the role of criminal sanctions in relationship to victims and offenders.
- Examine the importance of ethics when applied to all three branches of the criminal justice system.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.