Request for Information
National University Proudly Partners with GMR
National University, a Veteran-founded nonprofit, is proud to partner with Global Medical Response (GMR) and its Family of Companies. It is our honor to support public safety professionals like you, who protect and serve our communities every day. We’re committed to providing affordable, accessible education to help you reach your goals and advance your career.
About the Partnership
To show our appreciation for the work you do, National University is offering a 25% tuition scholarship for over 190+ flexible degree programs.* Through this partnership, you can earn an associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree. Plus, your Spouses and Dependents save 25% on tuition as well.
To apply for your partnership benefits, fill out this form and send it directly to your Enrollment Advisor!
Schedule a one-on-one meeting with an account specialist to discuss degree programs and scholarship options.
All Members of The GMR Family Qualify for the Partnership Benefits
Get Course Credit for Work Experience
National University is often able to award credit for prior career training programs and prides itself on its strict alignment with official training standards, including those for Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Training Course Credits:
- BS Homeland Security & Emergency Management: 6 quarter units, savings of $2,220
Meet one on one to speak with an Account Specialist about different programs and scholarship options.
We’ve Got a Program for You
National University has several programs tailored to the public safety field, including the following:
- Bachelors of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Public Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Bachelors of Nursing
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Public Administration
- Masters of Nursing
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
Integrating Person-Centered Care Principles into Academia
National University’s Department of Health and Human Services achieved Planetree Silver Recognition for Significant Advancement in Person-Centered Care in October 2017. National University is proud to be the first and only academic institution in the world to achieve a Planetree International recognition.
To attain this honor, National University integrated person-centered principles into the curriculum of each of its health care programs of study. In preparing the next generation of health care leaders, National University transformed the academic culture of its health science programs into a student-centric model, using person-centeredness as the conceptual framework to support all learning activities. Integrating these principles means students are able to gain knowledge and application of the principles throughout your coursework, preparing them to support a culture of person-centered care.
As a student, you will learn to:
- Effectively interact with diverse populations
- Function in inter-professional settings as team members including faculty, staff, students, patients, and community members
- Collaborate to effect change
- Serve on committees, build professional leadership skills, and the importance of letting your voice be heard
- Make the connection between environment and the way it makes people feel
- Be supportive and engaging of patients and colleagues
- Recognize and address personal barriers to successful professional development and adoption of healthy behaviors
Why Choose National University?
- Adult Focused for 50 Years: National University has been dedicated to providing accessible, achievable higher education to hard-working adults since 1971.
- Flexible 4-Week Courses: Start sooner and finish faster with four-week courses, monthly start dates, and year-round enrollment.
- 190+ Degree Programs: Choose from career-focused associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs designed to help you pursue your purpose and make an impact in your community.
- Online and On-site: Study options designed to fit into your busy schedule.
- Regionally Accredited: WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) accreditation means your education meets high standards and is transferable.
- Veteran-Founded Nonprofit: National University is proud to be San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university.
- Planetree Certified building person-centered care principles into academic degree programs.
About National University
National University is a San Diego-based nonprofit founded in 1971 by retired U.S. Navy Capt. David Chigos. As the largest private nonprofit university in San Diego, our mission is to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. A pioneer in the digital space, we’ve offered online classes for more than 20 years. Today, we offer over 190+ programs through our unique four-week class format. Our undergraduate and graduate programs include healthcare, business, education, engineering, law and criminal justice, and homeland security. Classes are available online or at locations across California.
For More Information
Please fill out the request for information form, email [email protected], or call 855.773.1509 to be connected with an admissions advisor who can help you with this scholarship, education counseling, transferring credits, financial aid opportunities, and the admissions process.
Pre-licensure nursing programs, radiation therapy, and doctoral programs are not eligible for the Tuition Reduction Scholarship. Other offer restrictions may apply. For questions, please contact National University.
National University, a California-based institution, makes efforts to comply with state authorization regulations governing out-of-state educational activities and obtain required approvals. Given that these regulations vary by state and change over time, all National University programs are not available to students in every state.