ECSE Field Experience
This course must be taken as the final course in the ECSE program, candidates complete observations and teach children with disabilities through in-depth experiences (80 hrs total) with children are culturally diverse in in-home and preschool settings in small and whole groups. Candidates arrange ECSE field experiences and participate in reflective supervision with a site supervisor. At least 10 hours must be at a site where you do not work and the ECSE Exit Exam is taken in this course.
- Demonstrate and synthesize knowledge of developmental and learning characteristics of young children with developmental delays and disabilities
- Demonstrate and synthesize knowledge of evidence-based practice of young children with developmental delays and disabilities and may be English Language Learners
- Demonstrate and evaluate professional skills in family-centered practice and partnerships in In-Home and Preschool programs
- Collect and analyze observation data in early childhood settings with families and young children of diverse backgrounds who have IFSPs/IEPs
- Successfully completed and evaluate in-depth field experience activities in In-Home Service Delivery Model with families of infants and toddlers with IFSPs
- Successfully completed and evaluate in-depth field experience activities in developmentally appropriate preschool serving young children with IEPs in whole groups, small groups, and individually.
- Demonstrate and evaluate professional skills in reflective practice with a trained ECSE supervisor.
Students are expected to attend all class sessions and actively participate in class activities and discussions, complete examinations as scheduled, and to turn in all assignments on time. Students are also expected to read all assigned material prior to the class session in which the material is presented and be prepared to contribute to discussion and dialogue.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 230,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.