Assist Tech Practices in SPD
This course will provide opportunities for candidates to refine their skills as consumers of technology in order to make informed decisions regarding reliability of technology and applications (APPS) designed to provide accessibility to the curriculum for students with disabilities. Universal Design for Learning is at the core of this course, and will provide candidates with the ability to adapt technology, instruction, and assessment to meet a range of student needs. During this course, candidates will complete step 3 of the research process: Specifying a Purpose. Candidates will complete a draft of the IRB review form.
- Identify the history of assistive technology in federal legislation.
- Identify key historical and current issues involving assistive technology
- Develop appropriate instruction that takes into account students with disabilities strengths, interests, and technological needs that enable each student with disabilities to advance and accelerate his/her learning.
- Develop a final draft of Step 3 of the research process: The purpose of the study.
- Assess resources, supports, and specialized assistance and services to meet particular learning differences or needs of students with disabilities.
- andlt;span class=andquot;t-markerandquot;andgt;Describe the relationship between assistive technology and Universal Design for Learning.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 230,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.