Ed Hist Perspt, Iss Trends SPD
This course is designed as an introduction to issues and trends in Special Education. Candidates in this course will examine, analyze, and synthesize current legislation, instructional formats, and Special Education research. They will be required to look at recent policies, issues, and trends that impact the Special Education field. Candidates will be expected to complete the first step in the research process and identify a research problem related to an issue or a trend in which they have a personal interest.
- Use evidence to continually evaluate the effects of his/her decisions on others and adapt professional practices to better meet students with disabilities needs.
- Engage in continuous professional learning to more effectively meet the needs of students with disabilities.
- Share resources and strategies with others to help them better understand the cultural, ethnic, gender, and learning differences of students with disabilities and their communities.
- Engage in professional learning, contribute to the knowledge and skills of others, and work collaboratively to advance professional practice.
- Identify a research problem/topic in the field of special education and complete step 1 of the research process.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.