Research in SPD: Design
This course is designed to provide an introduction to empirical research and a variety of research approaches common to the field of education. Upon completing the course, participants will be able to locate, understand, evaluate, and interpret qualitative as well as quantitative educational research and use these skills to become consumers of research and develop a draft of the capstone
- Distinguish between qualitative and quantitative paradigms of research.
- Read and evaluate qualitative and quantitative studies, their methodologies and findings.
- Identify the role of theory in research.
- Identify relevant topics in the field of special education.
- Summarize published research in the field of special education.
- Demonstrate understanding of specific procedures for a graduate capstone project.
- Comprehend the role of ethics in research.
- Complete first draft of the capstone including Step 5 of the research process & Selecting Participants and Collecting Data.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.