Tech for Teaching Learning
This introductory course is designed to provide special education candidates with the skills needed to integrate technology in teaching and learning as required in the INTASC Standards including assessment and monitoring of student progress, evaluation of media and technology, the use of technology to effectively plan instruction to meet the needs of diverse learners, colleagues, and families.Course content includes designing lesson plans for integration of technology in classrooms serving students with mild/moderate disabilities, respond to case study utilizing technology to assess, monitor progress, and provide targeted support for a student with special needs, a research paper on the selection of effective media and technology resources, a PowerPoint presentation on the legal, and ethical use of information and technology including social media and development of newsletter or video as a communication tool to engage learners, families and the global community.
- Develop technology-based lesson plan for students with mild/moderates disabilities aligned to INTASC Standards. INTASC #3, #5, #7, and #8
- Identify technology to assess, monitor, and support the learning of a student with mild/moderate disability and is an English Language Leaner. INTASC #6, #7, #8, and #9
- Analyze peer reviewed research articles, synthesize information on the selection of effective media and technology resources and write a research paper following APA format. INTASC #8
- Create a PowerPoint or multimedia presentation on the legal and ethical use of information and technology including social media for a grade level of your choice. INTASC#9
- Develop a classroom newsletter using publishing software or create a video as a communication tool to engage learners, families and the global community. INTASC #9, #10
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.