Classroom and Behavior Mgmt
This course is designed to assist candidates in developing a practical working knowledge of the basic principles of classroom and behavior management. Candidates will examine the impact of classroom rules, consequences, procedures, physical layout, instructional pacing, diversity, and other topics. Candidates will analyze antecedents to behavior, remediation strategies for misbehavior, and promotion of positive behavior. Best practices for classroom management and positive behavior support will be reviewed.
- Identify classroom management skills that lead to best practices professionally, legally and ethically.
- Describe strategies to promote a sense of belonging and acceptance of diversity among students.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to implement systems that assess, plan, and provide academic and social skill instruction to support positive behavior in all students including students with social-communication, behavioral, and environmental needs.
- Describe healthy learning environments, and how the effects of all outside entities relate to students’ academic, physical, emotional and social well-being, and learning.
- Identify laws and regulations pertaining to the promoting of positive behavior and self-regulation as well as to promoting safe schools.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.