Inst D/HH with Special Needs
Candidates will describe the characteristics of deaf and hard of hearing learners who exhibit additional disabilities such as cognitive impairment, specific learning disability, visual impairment, emotional disturbance, autism spectrum disorder and those with significant behavior disorders. Candidates will develop lesson plans and instructional strategies that include specialized adaptations and modifications to meet the needs of these learners.
- Identify characteristics and learning challenges of deaf and hard of hearing learners with additional disabilities such as Autism, Cognitive Delay, Deaf-Blindness, Learning Disability, Orthopedic Impairment
- Demonstrate ability to select, implement and interpret appropriate assessments for deaf and hard of hearing students with additional disabilities.
- Develop instructional strategies that promote achievement in content knowledge and higher order thinking skills for deaf and hard of hearing students with additional disabilities.
- Demonstrate the use of visual supports, augmentative and adaptive technology both low tech and high devices designed for learners who are deaf and hard of hearing with significant additional disabilities, including Autism, Cognitive Impairment, Deaf-Blindness.
- Demonstrate knowledge in adapting/modifying instruction for deaf and hard of hearing students who have additional disabilities.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 220,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.