Social Sciences, Study Abroad Program
Students travel to a foreign country with roughly a third of the class devoted to study prior to travel, a third to directed travel and study in the chosen country, and a third to analyzing experiences abroad. Any visas, passports, immunizations, or other travel requirements are the students’ responsibilities.
- Document the connection between studying and the challenge of living in a foreign culture.
- Explain important issues and events in the history of the region or country visited.
- Assess the interaction between the political and social structure of the host society.
- Identify key elements of the region’s material and artistic culture.
- Converse with beginner proficiency in a foreign language.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences