Social & Psychological Sciences
The Department of Social & Psychological Sciences offers a full range of programs in the fields of Psychology, Sociology, History, and Interdisciplinary Studies. Each of its programs addresses from a unique disciplinary or interdisciplinary perspective the prevailing structures shaping human behavior on the individual and the collective level. Its curriculum spans important issues pertaining to race and gender relations, social power and social resistance, mental health and wellness, and technology and society.
Department Chair: Dr. Robert Johnson
Choose from our Programs below
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Bachelor of Arts in Integrative Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies with a California Preliminary Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Science with an Inspired Teaching and Learning Preliminary Single Subject Credential (California)
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Minor in Global Studies
- Minor in History
- Minor in Psychology
- Minor in Sociology
- Master of Arts in Human Behavior Psychology
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences