Criminal Law II
Covers criminal procedure, including search and seizure, confessions and pretrial identification procedures, initial appearance, extradition, grand jury, pretrial conference, constitutional rights, sentencing, punishment, and review.
- Differentiate the different roles of the prosecutor and defense counsel.
- Analyze key constitutional protections as they apply to search and seizure.
- Analyze key constitutional protections as they apply to confessions.
- Analyze key constitutional protections as they apply to pretrial identification procedures.
- Analyze key constitutional protections as they apply to the right to counsel.
- Differentiate the stages of criminal procedure, including the initial appearance and preliminary hearing, grand jury, pretrial conference, trial, sentencing, punishment, and review.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.