The course discusses the theories and roles of nonprofits in public administration. It explores the relationships between nonprofits and the public sector; and sources of revenue. Discusses the public policies towards the nonprofit sector and the ethical issues surrounding the sector.
- Describe the theories of the development and operations of nonprofits.
- Analyze the role of the nonprofit sector in public administration.
- Describe the relationships between nonprofits and public sector management.
- Describe the common sources of revenue used by nonprofits.
- Analyze the current roles nonprofits play in communities and the ethical issues surrounding the sector.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.