A general survey course of the theory and practice of public administration, its legal and constitutional foundation and the role of the public administrator in public policy. The context of the discussions are based on the current issues facing administrators.
- Explain the theory of public administration.
- Describe the practice of public administration in the public sector.
- Describe the legal and constitutional foundation of public administration.
- Explain the role of the public administrator in determining public policy.
- Describe the current issues facing public administrators.
- Explain the ethical issues addressed by public administrators.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.