Research Methods in Public Adm
The purpose of this course is to acquaint students with major research and analytical techniques used in public policy and administration. The course is intended to both promote an understanding of the theories and approaches to public administration research and to assist the student to acquire a working knowledge of the skills involved in research analysis.
- Understand the major theoretical and philosophical approaches to research in public policy and administration.
- Become familiar with the major techniques in research in public policy and administration.
- Develop the skills necessary to find, read and understand, and critique published research.
- Acquire a working knowledge of the skills involved in research and analysis, as well as problems, obstacles, and ethical concerns.
- Learn how to differentiate among and interpret commonly used statistics.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.