A hands-on course in motion graphics for broadcast, video, and film; the course presents the current software tools used to build and deliver motion graphics. Apply concepts and techniques of compositing layers of computer-generated imagery and live action video, special effects, camera movements and cinematic points of view, as well as the design of titling and motion imagery. Survey works of professional animators, directors, and producers to demonstrate industry-standard techniques.
- Develop and demonstrate personal vision through the creation of original multimedia content.
- Apply the principles of graphic and information design in the generation of digital projects.
- Identify and analyze current trends and key technologies in the media industry.
- Communicate effectively with clients and production team members using oral, visual, and written methods.
- Describe and implement the phases of media production, from the initial planning to the final delivery of a professional product.
- Explain the relevant legal issues related to media production and distribution.
- Create active and interactive content with graphics, animation, sound and video using media authoring software.
- Design a professional electronic portfolio that demonstrates writing and design competency in a variety of media, including web, digital video, 2D and 3D graphics and animation.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.