Digital Cinema Post-Production
Students work collaboratively editing digital cinema projects shot during MDC 688 using professional editing and audio post-production systems. Must be taken onsite at a National University campus. Must be taken concurrently with MDC 683P, unless approved by lead faculty. See the program catalog description for residency information. (A materials fee applies.)
- Import footage using the appropriate settings.
- Organize footage in a logical way that provides easy access.
- Be proficient with AVID Media Composer. Be able to capture and organize footage, edit sequences, build sound tracks, create titles, import music and output a completed final project.
- Apply the aesthetics of motion picture editing in the design of an original, finished project.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of edit choices.
- Collaborate with others as a post-production staff member in the editing process.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.