A survey of public contract law and the differences from commercial contract law; including clear record keeping for audits, overseeing activities of sub-contractors, and the impact for violation and breach of contract.
- Understand how specific legal sources govern public contract law, emphasizing the particular roles of agency regulation, statutory application and judicial interpretation.
- Understand the high standards of conduct required of the parties dealing in public contracts and the relation to public trust and confidence, therein.
- Understand the inspection procedures and their effects as they relate to the government oversight of work performed and goods provided pursuant to public contracts.
- Understand the requirements of open and clear record keeping practices, their practical effects on the parties to public contracts and how they assure public trust and confidence in the process.
- Define and discuss contract defaults relating to defective goods or services, progress delays and other provisional breaches.
- Explain the process of terminating a contract, the specific requirements and procedures that must be followed and the risks and potential adverse consequences to all parties involved.
- Explain the unique government process of terminating a contract for convenience and the public and government interests it is intended to protect.
- Understand the finality which flows from a termination and how resulting damages are managed.
- Fully comprehend the sharp differences between private and public contracts and the recurring theme of public trust and confidence as it relates to such contrasts.
- Synthesis all topics surveyed and display an understanding of their interconnecting relationships.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.