A capstone course that requires students to participate in a mock trial. Students write trial briefs, create pre-trial discovery strategies, give oral arguments and examine witnesses in a simulated civil case.
- Analyze cases and the reasoning for court-based decisions.
- Articulate positions on legal issues both verbally and in writing.
- Identify the ethical concerns presented by trial advocacy.
- Analyze the sensitivity to diverse cultures needed by successful advocates.
- Perform computer-assisted research on issues presented in business litigation.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.