The New News
Transforms a journalist into a multimedia powerhouse who can produce news, features and associated products for a variety of audiences. Students gain familiarity with the demands of each medium, create news stories for print, audio, video and online media platforms, and learn to move fluidly from one medium to another.
- Generate a variety of stories including news, features and thematic content.
- Explain how the division of labor has changed in the new, integrated newsroom.
- Produce and format material for print, podcast, TV and the Web.
- Design stories in a variety of media formats emphasizing the special aspects of a story that work best in each medium.
- Integrate the tools of the trade, including both hardware and software to create story packages.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.