Fundamentals of Recovery
This course addresses the concepts, operational procedures, and authorities involved in recovering from major disasters. Federal, State, and local government roles and responsibilities in major disaster recover work will be covered, as well as government coordination and the solution of problems frequently arising in recovery operations. Preliminary damage assessment, disaster recovery centers, and special needs of victims and disaster workers are discussed.
- Analyze the history, philosophy, strategy, programs, and consequences of recovery operations.
- Evaluate the specialized knowledge and skills necessary to create programs that will reduce losses from future disasters during recovery operations.
- Appraise the cycles and physical aspects of recovery.
- Evaluate the politics of recovery.
- Analyze ethical issues surrounding the recovery operations.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.