Covers the development of nonfiction media content for the screen. Students develop project ideas for short subject programs such as profiles of a person, a process and/or a place. Written products include outlines, treatments, and conceptual storyboards that incorporate images, text, audio, and video elements. Project ideas will be adapted for the Production I practicum.
- Identify the elements of a nonfiction media program.
- Identify valid sources of information used in the development of nonfiction media projects.
- Classify documentary projects based on formal elements, approach, and style.
- Summarize the story of a documentary narrative.
- Construct a treatment for a nonfiction media project.
- Incorporate images, text, audio, and video elements into a nonfiction project.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.