Research Project Thesis
A two-month course required of all MCJ students. Culminates in the research and writing of a substantial original work on a criminal justice pre-approved research project of personal interest involving the critical examination and evaluation of primary sources and appropriate secondary materials with faculty supervision and guidance. Grading is by H, S, or U only. Eligible for In Progress (IP) grade.
- Justify the importance of having experts critique one’s written work to ensure finality.
- Conduct extensive original research at a professional level on a pre-approved topic
- Compose a research project using references from referred sources.
- Understand the importance of meeting deadlines for major written assignments
- Determine the importance of effective oral presentation skills in today’s criminal justice organizations.
- Judge the importance of quality research and writing skills as required for publication in scholarly journals.
Why Choose National University?
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.