Advanced Criminological Theory
A seminar course that explores the important criminological theories. The course will evaluate and compare the following theories: Classical, Positivist, Trait, Social Disorganization, Differential Association, Strain, Control, Labeling, Radical Choice, Deterrence, and Feminist theories. The course will analyze each theory and its relevance to crime in 21st century America
- Analyze the various criminological theories.
- Assess each theory and appraise its relevance to crime in the 21st century.
- Classify and discriminate between the varied criminological theories.
- Evaluate and assess which criminological theory works best in the social context.
- Evaluate and assess the future of the use of criminological theories.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.