CJ Theory, Practice Policy
An overview of criminal justice administration, the history of police administration, organizational systems theory, principles, ideology, and managerial practice that has shaped the criminal justice profession.
- Assess the history and progress of the police profession as it relates to criminal justice today.
- Evaluate and compare the original organizational systems to the current systems.
- Analyze the managerial practices that have shaped the criminal justice profession.
- Appraise senior level perspectives in criminal justice administration.
- Evaluate past police administration practices and compare to current police administration practices.
- Compare current organizational systems theory against other criminal justice systems.
- Evaluate the different principles and ideologies used in current criminal justice practice.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.