Intro to Criminal Justice Research Methods
An introduction to conducting research in criminal justice-related fields. Students learn how to identify current problems in criminal justice, develop a practical research question, formulate hypotheses, identify appropriate resources to answer the research question and describe an appropriate research method to answer the research question.
- Identify problem areas in the criminal justice system that could benefit from research.
- Select and evaluate researchable questions.
- Develop a problem statement addressed by the research question.
- Develop testable hypotheses related to the research question.
- Locate research relative to the research question.
- Develop an annotated bibliography related to the research question.
- Describe research methods used in criminal justice research.
- Design a research proposal.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.